21 Temmuz 2012 Cumartesi

ohhh London


Try to read with British accent gets funnier :) 


• British people may seem to apologise a lot, but it doesn't quite mean the same thing here. In the UK, "I'm sorry" actually means either a) I didn't hear you; b) I didn't understand you; or c) I both heard and understood you, and I think you're an idiot.



Well I miss London, and London is everywhere this summer, Olympics are taking place on the news, twitter, Facebook even though hasn't started yet. I wouldn't prefer to be there right now, would be to crowded and noisy for me. I always like it on spring or fall just like Istanbul, summers are always full of tourists which makes it feel like a big circus, looses the city soul and my last winter vacation to London extended according to my -not enough healthy to fly back to home- situation, London winters are too cold and sunless for us "mediterraneans" or "middleeasterns" or "anatoilians" or whoever we are.

This article on The Guardian made me remember many different things about London and Londoners, their different way of thinking and prejudices, all this rubbish sayings about how "cold" and "insulting"they are and bla bla about them, well I can't say anything about the whole Britan but London is an extremely multiculturel and welcoming  city. Welcomes everyone from different believes, lifestyles, cultures, you don't feel judged and unwanted. Although it is not really the place for "freedom", each step you take is being watched.  Controlled... and stopped if needed. Still I truly love London...and miss

Hiç yorum yok: